Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

6/03/2009 08:26:00 AM

This will ruin a pilot's day

Posted by Captain Tedward

Not too much to report in the adventure category lately as I have been flying quite a few missions in "Hound Dog One" for the Carolina Basset Hound Rescue. Don't get me wrong; they are adventures but I choose not to mix my flying for enjoyment with my flying for charity, hence you will not see those missions posted here. If you'd like to see those missions, please check out the Hound Dog One blog.

Ok, so I had to post this. Found this on YouTube this morning. St. Barts is known for its difficult approach path for airplanes coming over a hill and having to drop down in order to land on a short runway. This is an example of what happens when you don't plan the approach correctly and land too long.

Captain Tedward

1 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

My Dad used to say, "A plane a day in Delaware Bay" when he flew for the USAF. He said that the AFB in Dover was so close to the bay that planes were always going off of the runway and into the water!

I think that they finally gave up and changed the direction of the tarmac!