Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

3/26/2009 06:01:00 PM

Lunch in St. Augustine/Coffee in Gainesville

Posted by Captain Tedward

Last Tuesday, 2 of my friends, Paul and Christina, flew down to St. Augustine with me. Our plan was to visit Zaharias Restaurant‎ for lunch. Paul's wife's family owns that restaurant and I have heard great things about the food. Well, we loaded up and departed Hilton Head around 9:00am. The flight down was about an hour and 21 minutes.

Once we landed, Paul got a rental car and we started into town. We decided to stop by the famed St. Augustine Lighthouse for a quick tour. My legs are still sore from climbing those stairs.

Once done there, we drove done to the restaurant. Paul ordered some Fried Calamari and the famous flaming cheese! So delicious. I ended up having the queen cut of prime rib...blackened since Paul highly recommended it. We left that place stuffed to the gills.

I highly recommend the place. Their address/number is 3945 A1A S, St Augustine, FL 32080, (904) 471-4799. If you are in the area, drop in and try it!

After lunch, we ventured back to the airport and I let Christina fly us VFR (visual flight rules) over to Gainesville. We grabbed a crew van from University Air Center and drove into town past the University of Florida campus and wound up at a Starbucks west of town. We were not there long since we had a 1.5 hour limit on the courtesy vehicle.

Once back at the airport, we headed back to Hilton Head. Another great adventure with good friends.

Thanks for flying by.

Captain Tedward

0 comments: