Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

3/17/2009 10:07:00 AM

Practice Run - Race to Ridgeland

Posted by Captain Tedward

Hello Everyone!

I have entered this year's Race To Ridgeland event on May 2. The race spans 127.7 nautical miles and is open to all single engine, piston driven aircraft and is broken down into speed indexes. The link to the map of the race is shown below (map shows 2008 race route which is the same this year).

Map of the Race to Ridgeland

I have selected Christina Dacey as my navigator and VFR traffic observer. Last week, we did a normal speed, practice run to get ourselves familiar with the course. During the race, the flyover at Ridgeland (at the starting/finish line) can be below 1,000 feet above ground level (AGL), but the other turnpoints must be flown at 1,000 AGL. As you can imagine, the course is run at full power and if it happens to be hot that day, the thermals will cause turnblence and it could be quite a rough ride! I ceratinly am hoping for good weather! :-)

Come out and support me for this race and enjoy the festivities after. I'll be part of the flight line static display after the race. Ridgeland is right off of I-95 and exit 20 in South Carolina. Email me if you need directions.

Hope to see you there!

Captain Tedward

0 comments: