Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

11/02/2008 10:34:00 AM

Halloween Angel Flight

Posted by Captain Tedward

I have been in the giving/helping those in need spirit lately and did another Angel Flight mission on Halloween. I picked up the second leg of a trip that originated in Memphis, TN. I transported a 24 year old mother of two. One of the children was four years of age; the other was 2. The 2 year old was the patient and she was receiving treatment in Memphis for cancer behind her eyes, She must go every 3 weeks to Memphis for chemotherapy. The family lives in Beaufort, SC.

I flew to Cobb County - McCollum Field in Kennesaw, GA and awaited the arrival of the first plane. Once their plane landed, we transferred the car seats and baggage to my aircraft and departed for home (Beaufort County Airport). The flight back took a little over 2 hours.

Besides a little tantrum and kicking of the back of my seat at 5,000 feet, the flight went well. :) You will find a picture of the family and me below, as well of some pictures I took on my way to Atlanta.

Captain Tedward

The Croft Family with Captain Tedward

Over Athens, GA at 8,000 feet.

Beautiful Clarks Hill Lake

Augusta, GA

Approaching Augusta, GA

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captain, those are some cool pictures. As a Augusta Native it is neat to see it from the air, you never realize how green the downtown is. Hey if you get a chance please check out my site Beaufortonian.com
We try to cover Bluffton also, so please let me know if there is anything going on you think we should add.
thanks