Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

10/06/2008 10:18:00 AM

Surprise dinner trip to Jekyll Island, GA

Posted by Captain Tedward

This was a surprise dinner flight that was planned for months. My friend and fellow co-worker, Paul, and I conjured up this idea and pulled it off with his wife even having a clue. The flight took place on Saturday, October 4th. Elizabeth didn't realize that she was even flying somewhere until she pulled into the airport. :) Ironically, Elizabeth mentioned to Paul earlier in the day that she wanted to go visit Jekyll Island. Perfect!

We took off at 3:58pm for the 48 minute trip down to Jekyll. The weather was fantastic and we cruised along at 6,000 feet along the coast. After landing, Paul and Elizabeth walked down to Latitude 31 and had a romantic dinner along the intercoastal waterway.

I took the pictures below while I was awaiting their return. As you can see, I was enjoying the sights and sounds of this quaint little airport as I sat and waited. :)

We lifted off around 7:30pm for the return flight home. The sunset was gorgeous and once it got dark, the lights from the city of Savannah were incredible. The return trip was flown at 7,000 feet.

I hope to get some pictures that were taken from Paul and Elizabeth's camera and post them within a few days.

Captain Tedward










0 comments: