Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

9/04/2008 01:18:00 PM

Not taking any chances

Posted by Captain Tedward

I debated this when we were looking at Fay. This time, I took action. Tropical Storm Hanna's forecast track earlier this week had the storm bearing down on the Low Country in just a few days.

I opted to play it safe and flew my plane to Ridgeland, SC, about 15 miles or so west of Beaufort. I have a contact over there that has a few empty hangars that he is trying to sell and was willing to rent me one for a few days. The peace of mind knowing that the plane is "out of the elements" is worth the price. Our forecasted winds tomorrow evening are sustained between 30-40 mph with gusts possibly to 60 mph. It was definitely the right call.

My next flying adventure is scheduled to take place on Saturday, once the winds and rain subside. I am heading down to Miami with a buddy of mine to see the Jets play the Dolphins on Sunday.

Captain Tedward

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Henrietta made it safe and sound and now she's in South Beach- BITCH!

Captain Tedward said...

And South Beach will never be the same! ;)