Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

8/05/2008 07:14:00 PM

Must have been an "OH SH$$!!!" Moment

Posted by Captain Tedward

Just a couple of updates. For starters, I have posted a new poll. You can now control what airport you would like featured monthly. Please take a moment to vote. If you do not like any of the options and would like to vote for a particular airport not on the list, please post a comment on one of the blog postings with the airport of your choice.

I flew down to Savannah yesterday to get the tire replaced. One of the maintenance techs for the company I work for performed the maintenance after he got off of work. A special thanks to Cliff for donating his time and experience and working in the heat to get her repaired.

While I was waiting, I noticed the following airplane sitting on the ramp of Savannah Aviation.




I've blocked the registration number of the airplane since I am not in the mood to be in a court battle. :) The story, as it was told to me, is that the plane was carrying three occupants and landed in Savannah with strong crosswinds. Rumor has it that the winds were not that strong. Well, you can see the result of a hard landing, whatever the cause.

Captain Tedward

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, Ted, that's not fair. They probly had the Mother in Law sitting on that side, and rather than write down "cause of accident" as "Obese back seat driver" they wrote down "high crosswinds". Self preservation is always a good idea!

Eric K. said...

I wonder who had to pay the dry-cleaning bill for the passengers?