Captain Tedward's Flying Adventures

My mission: DON'T CRASH!

7/30/2008 09:26:00 AM

Grounded!

Posted by Captain Tedward

Well, with the good, comes the bad. Kim, a buddy of mine, and I were about to fly up to Charleston, SC for dinner at the Noisy Oyster Monday evening when we discovered this on the left main tire.




Since the cord was showing, we decided to cancel the flight. I spoke to my A&P mechanic and ordered a new tire yesterday. How much does a new tire cost for a light aircraft, you ask??? :) Bought the same type/model tire that is on the aircraft online for $55 (includes shipping). On the flip side, I have to wait for the delivery, run it out to the airport, and have my A&P mechanic install it at his labor rate. Hopefully, she'll be back in service by next Monday as I have another flight planned.

IN OTHER NEWS

VOTING
Looks as if Marianna, Florida (Florida Caverns State Park) will win out for the next major Captain Tedward adventure with the wife. Still one day left to vote so please do so if you have a preferred destination that you would like us to take pictures of and document our experiences.

NEW FEATURE COMING AUGUST 1st
I will begin a new feature starting August 1st which will be a monthly spotlight on an airport, including pictures and some history of the selected airport. If you have an airport that you would like spotlighted, send me a message!

Captain Tedward

2 comments:

WileyCoyote said...

LOL Rapid City, SD.

It looks like something from a 1960's retro movie; it still has "fallout shelter" signs posted in the building. The only planes that fly in there are prop jobs and a couple of small private jets... Surrounded by the Black Hills on the West and South, you can see Mt Rushmore on a clear day... The Firehouse Restaurant in Downtown Rapid has an appetizer of select beers, sarsparilla included. And don't forget (ahem) Sturgis and Deadwood are just up the road!!!

Grin... one of the coolest little airports I've seen in a loooong time!

Sorry to hear about your tire; but DANG son! That's cheap!!! It really is cheaper to fly!!!

Captain Tedward said...

My sister used to live in Rapid City, SD. I flew into there on a Dornier turboprop back in the late 90s out of Denver so I have seen the airport. I wish I could fly out there to do a spotlight on that airport but I am thinking of some places "closer to home". :)